CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 2, 2009

as [my] world turns....

In appreciation to all of my "well-wishers" I wanted to publicly THANK you all for your concern for myself and my current predicament. 


We have received great food from friends, heart warming calls of sincere care for my well being and the well being of my family. 

How am I feeling?.... well, I think I am feeling as well as expected for having a few of my insides removed and/or rearranged...and having 5 incisions, in 5 different locations....and a hemorrhoid....WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY? no you read that wrong... I am sure there would not be anything quite that personal here for you to read...keep reading...I did have a bit of a checkup with my Doc today-- found out that I am not taking in enough fluids-- thus the reason I have been light-headed and nauseous. I can fix that.

My dad is taking wonderful care of our youngest and taking care of all the necessary taxi-ing around I usually do each day. I have not done laundry in over a month-- because oldest has taken it upon herself to make sure that this is done (collected, sorted, washed, dried, folded and delivered to their appropriate destinations). She has not been asked nor expected to complete this task-- but she has been truly appreciated for her thoughtfulness to her family. Middle has kept things peaceful, and fun...she is a bright spot to most around her...when she is happy. HH has made sure that I have stayed in the reclined position as much as possible. He has ran to the pharmacy, gone grocery shopping and kept me fed and watered. I have SO much to be grateful for.

So, things are going mostly well. I will make it through this...thanks to so many of my friends and family!

4 comments:

crazy lady said...

So when I clicked on your site, the first thing that came up was the blue word hemorrhoid... with the rest revealing itself gradually in the ensuing moments. All I could think was "Hmmm... that's not good."
I'm glad to hear you are recuperating and still have your delightful sense of humor. Hope the repairing - both internal and external proceeds as desired. Best Wishes Cutie!

The Legg Fam said...

Love, reading, and checking up on you. Glad to hear you are taking it easy. I'll be over next Tuesday to clean house. Don't say "no", you know I'll come anyway.

jody said...

I am NOT sick or having to stay down but I CANNOT keep up on my laundry. I have NO excuse. but maybe your wonderful oldest could come and do mine too!!! I hope my oldest, well, ANY of mine turn out that way.
I love that she is SO wonderful and SO helpful - she must have a great mom :)

Natalie said...

I am so glad that you enjoyed the taco soup...my duty as a visiting teacher to feed the masses has been fulfilled. I can now retire:)