CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 24, 2009

Live well, George


My aunt's husband (not my uncle) found a baby goose that had been separated from it's mother. He hung on to it, feeding it, etc...eventually it ended up at my parents house with it's friendly companion duck, Sally. Well George, the Canadian goose baby thought he was my father's dog. So he followed my dad around at his heel, sat when my dad sat; George was my dads shadow for several weeks. Well, despite my discouragement, as I think my dad needs a dog-- my dad had Georges best interest in mind and took George for a ride to find some friends that he could fly with. George can fly (but he never leaves the property), he knows what to eat, he can acclimate well living as a goose. Down by the river they went and George complied. As of Wednesday night, George is among his own...somewhere....maybe he will show up again in my dad's back yard. As for Sally--- she will most likely make a tasty meal someday.

No comments: