CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 6, 2009

Molly's a GooD DoG!

On the record: I enjoy owning a dog.  I do not so much enjoy other peoples dogs, unless I know without a doubt that they are nice and/or their owners have a good handle on their behavior. I really do not like other dogs on my property-- their poop, the unknown behavior, their poop, spreading trash all over the place from WHO knows WHO's trash can...My dog growing up, Mike, was a-- get a visual on this-- dachshund (wiener dog) crossed with a blue heeler type (dingo cow dog). He had the body of the dingo-- measuring about 2 feet long with a big head, stout belly and long tail-- secured firmly on wiener dog legs about 4 inches off the ground with paws the size of my neighbors great dane. He was truly a sight to see, believe me... but I didn't start this post to tell you about my Mikey, that lived...by the way for 17 years..., I wanted to tell you about what Molly did last night.

First, let me introduce Molly: Molly is a docile dog, she is about 8 years old, Chocolate Lab. She is our second choc lab in the last 11 years. (Tucker died from cancer about  3 years ago) We have had good luck with their temperaments and their appropriate level of protectiveness. We like our dogs. Feed them, water them, they live outside only, but we keep them from running off etc, but we do not have this uncontrollable love affair going on, if you know what I mean. Molly has graciously offered up 25 puppies in her carrier as a dog. She is just starting to show signs of age, with a bit of gray around her muzzle. But she is strong and healthy and is a nice dog to own....

So... My dad tells me a last night, that there was a dog in our side yard. I was downstairs at the time, so I looked out the window to see if it was a familiar one or not. It was a RAT dog terrier mix with a shaggy gray poodle thing going on. Not very well kept. It sat right there in Molly's track. (the route she has worn in the grass...sometimes she laps it like 4 times in a row....probably out of boredom since her electric fence won't let her go beyond the 1/2 acre she has to run.  I open the window and yell at it...it lays down. I yell for Molly, whom I couldn't see from my angle....I yelled, "git the dog Molly!" 

This is not the same dog, just an example of it's ugliness.

Molly came from her side of the house, runs full board at the RAT and totally Snow Balls it-- head over heels....yelp yelp....and off the RAT ran into the cow pasture... We waited and watched because some times, the cows chase the cats. But that was the end of the excitement.

Molly got to have some left over Roast Beast for a reward for being a good dog....

I thinks she likes us too. 

1 comment:

Christy said...

This dog has been at our house a number of times too. Mostly at night and my dogs go crazy...ask the Deebles. We haven't seen it for a couple months so I decided it was gone...guess not.