CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 16, 2009

I DID IT!!


As he walked out the door to take the girls snowmobiling/ sledding-- I knew exactly what to do. I knew of the issues from years past that have hindered the registration of many-- But today, I bit my lip as I persevered. 1 Desktop, 1 lap top, 4 browsers and close to 30 clicks per minute for 30 minutes....and I won....He is now registered! (so glad they have a new online host server dedicated to registration...how many times has it crashed in years past?)

This will be HH 6th year running Robie-- I married a STUD!! I am so proud of him-- his training-- WOW, his inner drive-- AMAZING. 

a bit of ROBIE trivia: what's the big deal, you ask? This race is billed as the toughest 1/2 marathon in the NW. 13.1 miles from Boise to Robie Creek along a Rocky canyon Road...8.45 miles UP HILL to Aldape Summit,  and then 4.65 miles downhill. The Challenge not only lies in enduring the extremes of the race route, but actually getting into the race. They only allow 2,232 people to register for the race. Last year it sold out in 7 minutes. When I first got on today, about 15 minutes before registration opened, there had been 1,300 clicks on the site meter-- after I was sure that HH had been assigned a bib, I checked the site meter again-- 15,867 clicks....now it is up to 18,697...It's quite popular. 

I married a STUD! and even though I don't run with him, I have MAD "clicking" skills. 

5 comments:

crazy lady said...

That made me tired just reading it! Good for you on the clickin there girly! That is impressive. Can't wait to hear how he does in the race. Glad it's him and not me. Though I would love to be in super shape and all - I'm just not willing to pay that price I guess. Glad you're feelin better!

The Legg Fam said...

Good for both of you. You with your "clicking skill" and him with his running skills. I am sure he will do great.

Lost Woman said...

I didn't know HH was a runner, OR that you were such a dedicated clicker. It sounds like getting into the race is almost as tough as running it!

Why do they limit the race to such low numbers? Just curious.

Hope you are feeling great!!

courtney said...

Is it really that time of year already?? We've really been out of your house for almost a year???? Holy crap. Well tell him good luck for us. He's not still on the tuna and oatmeal diet is he?

Unknown said...

you guys are just a couple with some mad skills