that I helped de-horn our calves. Now, I never have considered myself a "city-girl" but I'm not really a "ranch-hand" either. I grew up with cats, dogs, occasionally we had a cow in the pasture, a few chickens, I think my mom got paid with goats one time for delivering a woman's baby. But no, I am not a cow girl, ranch hand --nor do intend to be. The first one didn't like it-- he didn't like being tied to the 4-wheeler and giant clippers pinching off a growth on the side of it's head-- but it did Ok, we were able to get it to stop bleeding pretty quick. BUT the 2nd one-- wowwza. Easy to catch, pretty calm tied to the 4-wheeler--- but the stress it caused when it would not stop bleeding. I am fine with a bit of pain for a specific cause, but I was not prepared for the animal to die---- No, it didn't die, but it sure lost a lot of blood. I was elbow deep in cow blood while Lew and I were trying to get it to stop. It took a day or two for it to act normal again. Cows are dumb and have short memories-- they were nuzzling Lew when he was changing the water. If Lew did that to me, I would have ran him over the next time he came in my house.
This event will not make my top ten enjoyable moments in life.
Quote of the Day
15 hours ago
2 comments:
icky. glad i wasnt home.
It helps build the character. At least you didn't have to do the other end cause it can really bleed
Post a Comment