CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 21, 2009

I NeeD YouR HelP!!!

I have Sharing time this Sunday for the Junior Primary!!! EEEKK!! I am scared to death of these kids....I know, I know--- but your a mom...blah blah blah....these kids are smarter that I was at their age...and maybe even now. AND what do I do when they are noisy and not paying attention. A friend of mine, Zac, had a solution when he was teaching primary. He proposed the option of putting paper bags on their heads and when they got out of hand-- just bop 'em up-side the head. The bag prevents them from knowing when it was coming and not knowing for sure who did it....thus in fear of when the blow will come-- they are quiet and obedient. But I don't think it will work and I'm not all that supportive of that type of punishment. Although I do like the element of surprise...


So the real fear is...how do I entertain 50 kids under the age of 9 for 20 minutes talking about Family History? (as amazingly interesting as it is to a 6 year old...) HOW I ask HOW?

Any tips, pointers, advice, volunteers to do it for me, complete lesson already prepared, etc? Yes, I have looked on the interwebs-- found a few options that would be great for the older primary....not so great or adaptable for junior.

This is what I have in mind thus far: circles with the ABC's printed on them taped individually in layers covering a picture of the temple....next is a bit fuzzy....maybe an ABC's of Fam History game where they remove a letter from the temple/puzzle after answering a question or telling a story about a family member....HELP!!!

Let me repeat my Problem for you

I NEED HELP!!


thanks

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will do fine! I would LOVE to help you and give advice but under the circumstances I am trying to move and our whole family has to speak in church on sunday! So as of now I probably need as much help as you do. SORRY! I will help you next tme. Are you in the priamry Pres? :)

D

Leenie said...

Hi! Cindy's mom here. (sorry she had to leave your part of the world, but glad she landed to close to us) No help with the sharing time , although the paper bag game sounds great! Just stopped by to say how cool the new house is looking...and best wishes with all that will follow in the building process. Now I gotta go prepare MY primary lesson.

Natalie said...

What about cutting out a family tree with pretend pictures of grandparent, ect. Kids get to take turns picking off one of the pictures and on the back is a family history story or song to sing or game to play???

Now afer that brilliant idea I think that you had to doit yesterday so I hope everythi went well. You can save my tree idea for next time:)

P.S. the house is looking good! I will have to come out and visit